Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit (Mosaic) maintains the highest level of respect for the privacy of its donors. We value our philanthropic partners, donors, volunteers, and friends of the organization (hereafter referred to collectively as our “supporters”) and take their privacy seriously. We respect the privacy of personal and organizational information we are privileged to have about our supporters.
- We will not share or sell our supporters’ personal information with anyone else.
- We will not contact our supporters on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only disclose personal information once the supporter has given Mosaic explicit written permission to do so for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity.
This policy may be updated from time to time, as we are alerted to circumstances that may move us to greater diligence to protect both your rights to privacy and the relationship you have with Mosaic.
What information we collect:
Mosaic may collect and use various personal information from supporters, which can include: name, address(es), telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts and sources of investments, provisions or gifts, trade secrets, proprietary information and supporter comments.
How we use that information:
Mosaic will use supporters’ name, postal address, and/or email address information for the following purposes only:
- Thanking supporters for their investments, provisions or gifts, and distributing receipts to supporters
- Informing supporters about Mosaic projects and events
- Conducting internal analysis of Mosaic’s fundraising and maintaining donation records, in accordance with requirements set forth by Federal and State tax laws
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contacting supporters about changes to this policy
All Other Information
All access to supporters’ information concerning names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts and sources of investments, provisions or gifts, trade secrets, proprietary information, and supporter comments is strictly limited to professional staff who need to process such data for Mosaic’s financial and organizational records. No such data will be given to any person, organization or group who does not need to access such data, unless the supporter specifically gives permission to do so.
Mosaic uses secure online payment processing services. Mosaic does not store, nor does it have access to, supporters’ credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.
Further, we contractually require any person or organization providing financial services to Mosaic to keep and protect the confidentiality of supporter information.
Assurances of Privacy Controls
Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit has procedures in place to limit access to information to only employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
We educate our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential, personal and organizational information.
We will use our best efforts to comply with expressed wishes of any supporter who:
- does not want to be recognized in published supporter acknowledgement lists or credited in any promotional material;
- requests to be removed from our mailing lists for newsletters, promotions or fundraising;
- wishes to remain anonymous in their giving and/or volunteer service to the mission of Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit.